Santa's Hat: another Christmas Box



So Shelli's Creative Challenge for this month is to share a favourite technique. If you have been reading my blog recently you will know that I have been having a wonderful creative time making lots of different boxes and bags for Christmas gift packaging. I made this one several weeks ago, but haven't shared it yet. I got the inspiration when I saw triangle boxes that had been converted into witches' hats in several Halloween project blog posts, back in October.


Then I found a Santa Hat version, a seasonal box better suited to this part of the world. (Halloween isn't big in New Zealand) This was inspired by Paula Wright who I stumbled across on Facebook! She has some awesome Christmas ideas.

I used Real Red cardstock stamped in Real Red with one of the stamps from Season of Joy stamp set. The hat is trimmed with Whisper White punched with the scallop edge border, and the pompom is 8 scallop circles punched from more Whisper White. I scrunched them up then layered them together. A brad anchors them all together. The tag is made using the curly label punch again with a Seasons of Joy stamp and using Real Red and Old Olive markers. Whisper White grosgrain ribbon to close and its done! Cute!

Comments

Popular Posts