Box tutorial and variations


One of the new sections in the Ideas Book is for Big Shot Die Cutting products. This is an amazing cutting and embossing system! I can't decide which is my favourite accessory: the vintage wallpaper embossing folder is gorgeous and I love all the diffeent things you can create with the scallop envelope die. One thing is for certain, I have a few things on my wish list! Good new for those of you who already have a Cuttlebug, is that nearly all the dies and folders work in that machine too. Call or email me if you want to check which are compatible.
While I prioritise my wish list  I have worked out the directions for making a box similar to the Box #2 using my trusty Fiskars trimmer and a bone folder. Of course if you prefer it can also be cranked out in a flash using the Bigz xl die and Big Shot. (page 155 in the catalogue)

You will need:
A4 cardstock
co-ordinating designer paper and ribbon
trimmer
Bone folder
Sticky strip or mono glue
Cardstock, stamps and ink to decorate.

Start with a sheet of A4 and trim to 6 3/4 x 8 inches. With the 6 3/4 inch edge along the top guide, score  at 1 1/2 inches from each edge. Turn 90 degrees and score at 2 inches: 3 1/2 inches: 5 1/2 inches: 7 inches. Burnish all score lines (dashed lines) with bone folder.


Cut where marked (solid lines). Remove the shaded areas.

Using a 1 inch circle punch to punch a half circle out of the top front face of the box.

 Apply sticky strip or mono glue to the flaps and assemble the box.

Decorate, fill with treats, add ribbon and a tag and you have a perfect gift package.


In my finished box at the top of this post I used panels of designer series paper (retired Haiku) and Pumpkin Pie 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon with More Mustard cardstock. I added Tiny Tags stamps and the jewellery punch with Tangerine Tango, More Mustard and Old Olive markers.

Check back tomorrow and I will have some variations to share with you using this box as a base.

Comments

Popular Posts