January Jewellery Update

January is the month I usually take a beading class and update my jewellery. Unfortunately my favourite beading place Bead Hold has now closed its bricks and mortar shop. But in light of my "use what I have" philosophy for 2014, I have dedicated time to fixing broken jewellery and making or re-making with what I have on hand. I did have to buy a couple of findings and a tube of seed beads but look at what I made for a total outlay of about $8 (stuff from your stash counts as free, right?)

Firstly something that is stamping related: I made the large feature beads many years ago at a workshop with Petra of Zigzag Polymer Clay. I put the necklace together with more beads I already had! (sorry about the poor quality pics, will re-take them soon)


It goes perfectly with the blouse I am wearing today.Once I find my polymer clay supplies (!) I will have an experiment with current Stampin' Up stamps and colours... who knows, there may be a class in it!

This pretty necklace is a gift for a Christian friend. She gave me the rose quartz beads, and I added the other components, including a swarovski crystal cross which I had won as a door prize at another former beading shop, Beads Glorious Beads.




Then I channelled Downton Abbey to make a flapper necklace in glass beads (wish it was jet). I will be able to wear this for the deco weekend in Napier next month.


Next up was a complete rebuild of a necklace that had broken: made a different style and used up all my beads in this colourway. Good result: just need to add a little dangle to finish off the extender, but don't have any gold headpins left.



I also fixed three necklaces and re-strung the one that started it all: the necklace made for me by my great friend Anne-Maree, who introduced me to beading about 15 years ago.


Hope you like them and it inspires you to make or finish something you already have!

Comments

Popular Posts