Frugal Friday: Bonus Cards and Tags






I taught a beginners cardmaking class this week. We used the now retired Darling Label Punch box. This package was recently on clearance (now sold out). Its a perfect starter kit for a beginning stamper. So I ordered some and planned a class. If you are looking for a beginners class you are in luck, as I still have enough kits to run another class:  contact me to arrange a time.

After a class I always have partially completed cards and elements from the demonstrations. I spent a some happy time that evening making these up into cards. 

I wanted to make some square cards. After cutting down a standard card to a 105mm square card (folded) I had a leftover piece about 105 x 43 (folded) I had the genius idea of turning these pieces into gift tags. Yes, I am modest too! But seriously, it was really fun to work on this small canvas, and a great opportunity to use up scraps.

 



In the examples above and below, you can see the two parts of the same card base. One makes a 10.5cm square card, and the other a folded tag or mini card. On these tags I used a tag punch but adjusted it before I punched so the folded hinge was not cut away. This would work with any tag punch. In the current catalogue, I would choose the scalloped tag topper



I also used the Darling Label punch to punch the ends of the Hydrangea dsp in the tag above. I made the hole punch for the ribbon a little large here: next time I'll use a 1/8 inch punch

But what about envelopes for the square cards, I hear you say? While it true Stampin Up’s range currently has no suitable sized envelopes, it is so easy to make a custom envelope. I'll be posting next week all about envelopes!

Comments

Popular Posts