Petite Thank You Notecards

 My very dear friend Maree passed away in London at the end of April this year. I recently visited her husband and daughter who have returned to New Zealand. I was touched when Derek gave me a set of stamps that had been Maree's. They are a legacy of Scrapbook Studio days.





Today I got out retired papers, and Stampin' Write Markers and made a little gift for Brighid, their daughter. I had some small non SU envelopes that were perfect for this project. They are only 81mm x 118mm or 3 3/16 x 4 5/8 inches. 

To make the petite note cards, I used a sheet of 12 x12 inch cardstock. I cut it into 9 x 3 inches pieces and scored at 4 1/2 inch. You can get 5 little 3 x 4 1/2 inch cards out of one sheet. 

Then I made a notecard pouch to hold them, inspired by one made by Kelly Acheson . I used patterned paper for the base, and cardstock with a patterned paper panel for the flap. Kelly used a magnetic closure: I just popped the bottom half of the front stamped piece up on dimensionals. The flap just tucks underneath it.





This size pouch will also hold the standard Stampin' Up!  notecards and I am planning a school holiday class for October based on this idea. Comment or send me an email to go on my mailing list. You will be first to know when the class dates are announced.



Comments

Popular Posts