Love It Chop It


I might be coming a little late to Kylie Bertucci's viral sensation of #Loveitchopit, but it works perfectly with my current project of using up retired supplies.

The basic idea is to overcome a very common hesitation to cut into a beautiful pristine sheet of 12x12 paper. Kylie has lots of tips, but the basic gist is to cut up your dsp into standard card front sizes as soon as you get it. You can check out her youtube videos, or even join her Facebook page for more inspiration.


I need a few extra tools and tricks to help me use up my retired papers. Like working out what colours are in the papers (often retired years ago) and whether I even have matching cardstock!


I'll show you a couple of organisation ideas that have helped me, and this will undoubtedly evolve as I continue.

Just taking one small part of Kylie's idea is going to save me a lot of time and frustration. Often I have cards that have the front completed, but I can't send them because I haven't finished the inside. There is no neat way of writing a greeting on a dark cardstock base. Problem solved: I have pre-cut some Whisper white into standard insert sizes for the inside of my coloured base cards. I am storing them in a blank stamp case with the dimensions so I can easily replenish when they run low (I never remember the measurements no matter how often I do it!)



So far I am just using medium-sized cheap envelopes to store my cardstock scraps, one for each colour. I am adding in new envelopes as I go through my supplies. The brilliant thing with Stampin' Up! is that when I want to make some cards I can just haul out the cardstock scrap envelopes and matching inks and I know everything will co-ordinate.

Comments

Popular Posts